Responsibilities of the Entry Level Administrative Assistant:
- Organizes and prepares correspondence relating to association business.
- Performs a variety of administrative assistant tasks to support the Director(s) in the operation of the department(s).
- Prepare meeting materials; agendas, printed materials, etc.
- Maintains executive’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel
- Coordinating between departments and resolving day-to-day administrative and operational problems
Anticipate administrative needs and act proactively to provide top-notch support
- Act as an Executive Assistant working alongside office manager performing clerical duties
- Other work/duties such as data entry
Requirements of the Entry Level Administrative Assistant:
- Bachelors degree – all majors encouraged to apply
Strong professional communication skills, written and verbal
- Excellent attention to detail. Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Experience working effectively and professionally with people at all levels of the organization
- Strong and collaborative team player
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines, while maintaining focus in an environment with conflicting demands and priorities
- Strong problem-identifying and -solving skills
- Openness to feedback, self-awareness, and ability to adapt to change effectively and professionally
Career advice & resources about entry level jobs for recent college grads
While we work to find you the right fit for your strengths and interests during your post-grad job search, we encourage you to check our Insights page for career advice, blog posts, and news updates. Whether you’re curious about how to talk about your summer work experience in an interview, wondering how to get started on your job search, or want to see what we’ve been up to at Avenica, there’s a little something for everyone.